Wyoming Public Media Thanksgiving Program Schedule
Thanksgiving 2023 - Wyoming Public Radio
Thursday, November 23, 2023
9am-12pm - Wyoming Sounds THANKSGIVING SPECIAL with host Grady Kirkpatrick featuring roots music, Native American, and Wyoming artists along with the Arlo Guthrie Thanksgiving classic Alice’s Restaurant beginning at 11am.
2pm - The Pulse -Changing Tastes
What we make for dinner, grab as a snack, or have for breakfast changes all the time — and there are some major forces at play: consumer tastes and marketing, but also climate change, global supply chains, nutrition science, health concerns, and social media influencers. On this episode, we’ll look at what we eat and why. You’ll also learn how lima beans are getting a makeover, and why seed oils ended up becoming a lightning rod in nutrition debates. We’ll taste a futuristic green with self-proclaimed superpowers, and we’ll meet one physician who’s trying to convince people to eat more organ meats, and another who says to stay away from anything marketed as health food.
10am-12pm - Giving Thanks shares music and stories that reflect the meaning of gratitude on Thanksgiving. Giving Thanks celebrates its 25th year on public radio! This year’s show presents the best moments of a quarter century of great guests:
- Foodies: Stanley Tucci, Nigella Lawson, Jacques Pepin, Calvin Trillin
- Writers: Anne Lamott, Adam Gopnik, Julia Sweeney, Anna Quindlen, Deepak Chopra
- Poets: Billy Collins, Rita Dove, Nikki Giovanni, Ada Limon. And classic poems read by Patrick Stewart, Bill Moyers, Studs Terkel
- Musicians: Michael Tilson Thomas, John Rutter, Sir Stephen Hough
- In Memoriam: John Updike, Wendy Wasserstein, Nora Ephron, Rabbi Harold Kushner