Jackson Firefighters Honored

Mar 20, 2015

Smith’s Food and Drug Store in Jackson honored firefighters who helped save the store from a propane fire last November.

Jackson Hole Fire put out the blaze which started inside at propane store and was spreading towards an eleven-thousand gallon propane tanker.

More than fifty firefighters were on the scene. Smith’s Grocery Store is donating $5,000 of gift-cards to the Department and  hosted a dinner Thursday.

Kathy Clay is the Jackson Hole Fire Marshall and says the Grocery Store wasn’t the only business in harm’s way.

Some really great heroes involved in that that took action and punched out a window in the south side of that building.

“There was also nearby and exercise center, Bell Fitness evacuated," says Clay. "There were people exercising and the truck driver did a really good measure in getting in there and getting those people out really quick. Some really great heroes involved in that that took action and punched out a window in the south side of that building.”

Clay also says the gift cards will be used to provide meals during training sessions for Jackson Hole firefighters.