Most Active Stories
- Pollutants detected in water wells in Sublette County’s gas fields
- New Northern Arapaho Business Council resolves to fix tribe’s poor financial management
- The Wind River Casino is doing well, but some tribal members expect more
- Wyoming may have missed the Uranium boom
- New lead in the disappearance of Amy Wroe Bechtel
On Air Staff and WPM Interns
Best of Wyoming
Tue September 4, 2012
WWCC Art Gallery - Rock Springs
The Western Wyoming College Art Gallery is located at 2500 College Drive in Rock Springs, as you enter the main entrance to the building. It is an adjunct to the Art Program at the college and serves to introduce students and the greater community to new concepts in materials’ use or ideas of contemporary visual investigation.
The current show, White Spaces is the works of artist and UW art instructor, Diana L. Baumbach. Diana’s exploration of the whiteness of a Wyoming winter is done through her delicate sensibility of folded and cut paper, sewn drifts of cut and assembled paper as well as felted plastic bags from the local grocery store. Diana’s work is subtle but rewarding and contemplative for the viewer who takes a moment with it.